John R. Pittman, M.D.
11220 N Rockwell
Oklahoma City, OK 73162
Medical Specialty: Family Practice
Undergraduate: Oklahoma State University BS Biochemistry, 1976
Medical School: University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, MD, 1980
Internship: University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Family Medicine Department 1980-1981
Residency: Family Medicine Department of the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center 1981-1983
American Academy of Family Physicians 1983. Recertified 1989, 1996, 2001, 2007, 2017.
Founder and owner of the Putnam North Family Medical Center Family Medicine. Private Practice 1983-present. Employing one physician, one Physician’s Assistant, two Advance Practice Nurse Practitioners, one Licensed Professional Counselor and one master’s level Speech Language Pathologist.
Medical Director of Golden Age Home Health, 2013
Medical Director of the Bethany Village Nursing Home. 1987 — 1991
Medical Director of Crossroads Hospice 2005
Board Member for CHADD
Preceptor – 2001 to Present
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center – Department of Family Medicine – Clinical Associate Professor
Mercy Health Center
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Oklahoma Academy of Family Physicians
Selected Training Information
- Burdick Quest Exercise Stress Test System, October 5, 2005
- CPR, American Heart Association Expires August 2017
- CardioDynamics Impedance Cardiography Technology and Product Operation for the BioZ ICG Monitor August 10, 2005
- Colposcopy/LLETZ Recertified 2003
- Colonoscopy Recertified 1999
- ACLS Certified. Expired May 14, 2013
- Innovative Healthcare Systems Balance+Plus, Fall Assessment Training June, 2012
- Over 90 hours of certified continuing medical education per year
- Award of Distinction for serving as President of the Oklahoma City Metro District AAFP 1998
- Selected Honorary Member – National Directory of Who’s Who Of Executives and Professionals 1994-1995
- Selected 2002-2003 Top American Family Physician by Consumer Research
- Recognized by the Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality – Excellence in Diabetic Care.
- Recognized by the Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality for “Office Quality” 2003-2006
- Eagle Scout 1972
- Guardian Member of Boy Scouts of America 1994
- Best Oklahoma State University Biochemistry Senior 1976
Pharmaceutical National Advisor
Eli Lilly — Prozac and Evista
GlaxoWelcome — Wellbutrin.
Wyeth — Effexor
Educator/Speaker to Physicians, Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and Lay Community
Treatment of infectious diseases
Have been a professional speaker for the following medications:
Asthma / COPD – Advair, Flovent, Serevent
Depression – Prozac Remeron Serzone, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Lexapro
Bipolar Disorder- Abilify, Seroquel
Hypertension – Cozaar, Hyzaar, Benicar, Benicar HCT
Prostatism – Proscar
ADHD – Adderall XR, Vyvance Daytrana, Strattera
Infectious Disease – Biaxin XR, Factive
Hyperlipidemia – Omacor, Lipitor
Diabetes- Januvia, Exubera
Boy Scouts of America
- Cub Scouts/Boy Scout leader for over 15 years
- Philmont contingent physician and adult advisor 2000
- Served on boards at Deacons, Elders, Sheperd Manor Retirement Home and nominating committees for First Presbyterian Church of Oklahoma City for multiple terms and was president for the Deacons and Sheperd Manor Boards.
- Evergreen Sunday School Class member and co-founder of First Presbyterian Church of Oklahoma City and have served all officer positions at one time or another.
- Leader of Disciple II Bible Study 2007-2008
- Youth sponsor First Presbyterian Church of Oklahoma City 2004-2006
- Other church activities include teaching of Sunday schools, group discussion leader of several related spiritual books and topics and involvement in the spiritual development of the church members.
- Have lead discussions on multiple topics to church groups, foster care groups, and CHADD organizations
- Have attended Presbyterian Cursillio and been on staff three times, acting as the resident physician and vocals for music program.
- Choir member for greater than 15 years and president for 13 years.
- Co-leader for Christian Doctrine 2008-2009
- Board member of the Summit Place Home Owners Association for 3 years
- Sponsor of the annual father/child campout for 10 years.
- Bible Study, racquetball, snow skiing, snowboarding, water skiing, knee boarding, scuba diving, camping, mountain climbing, canoeing, cooking, grape/fruit growing, wine and beer making.
- One of the original founders of the Oklahoma’s Grape Growers and Winemakers Association
- Member of Oklahoma’s Single Malted Scotch Association